- Sign into your Gmail account at Google Analytics
- Decide whether to use a free account or a Gsuite account.
- If you put it under a free account, you can always move it later.
- Choose the type of account
- When you log in, you will have the option between mobile app or website.
- Choose website for your account.
- Enter your account name
- This will be the profile name for the website.
- Once you add this, you’ll add in the website url, country, and time zone.
- Get the tracking ID
- Click the button that says “Get Tracking ID”.
- This is what you will put on your website to view traffic data.
- Verify your website
- Yoast, All in One SEO, Monster Insights and other plugins can verify this for you. During this process, the plugin will add the tracking code to your website.
- You can also add in the HTML code manually or upload the HTML file to your website. If you use one of these methods, you will have to add in the tracking code manually.
- If you have an e-commerce website, use a plugin like WooCommerce Google Analytics Pro to get tracking codes for all of your products.
- For SEO
- Google favors sites that are optimized for mobile.
- It shows that you are an established and authoritative website.
- Use Google Mobile Friendly to check if your site is mobile friendly.
- More and more users are finding your website on mobile
- When a user comes to your website, they don’t want to pinch and zoom to see your content. This will make them want to leave immediately.
- Mobile has surpassed desktop. Recent studies say that approximately 51% of traffic is mobile, 44% desktop, and 4% tablet.
- This will vary greatly depending on the type of website, but it shows how important it is to make your site optimized for mobile.
Beginning in July, Google Chrome, the world’s most popular web browser, will start marking ALL websites as insecure if they are not running under HTTPS.
Is your site ready?
SkylarStudios can help you in making your website Google compliant for HTTPS. Don’t get caught with your site not working correctly.
Contact SkylarStudios at 919.341.4246 for support.
We’ll provide a proven process for getting the green padlock and avoiding the “Not Secure” warnings.
In the last two weeks, over 50,000 WordPress websites have been hacked due to a major security vulnerability that was discovered in the WordPress REST API.
The core team silently fixed the issue and pushed out WordPress 4.7.2 update.
If you haven’t updated your WordPress site, then please do so immediately.
With this vulnerability, anyone on the internet can deface your website without having the login access. YES, it’s that serious!
So go ahead and update your sites to WordPress 4.7.2.
This is a security release for all previous versions and you are strongly encouraged to update your WordPress sites immediately.
In January 2017, Google’s web browser, Chrome, will treat any website encoded in HTTP as a non-secure site if it transmits credit card information or passwords. HTTPS – Hypertext Transport Protocol Secure – is the preferred method for transmitting personal information online. It includes encryption using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
Google is concerned about users sending personal information across unsecured websites because this opens the door for identity theft. As the most popular web browser in use today, more than half of all internet users access websites via Google Chrome.
SkylarStudios can help you in implementing a SSL certificate for your site to make it more secure and prevent any issues with Google.
93% of all online activities begin on a search engine like Google.* Most people click on the first three results, and the remaining results get just 5% or less of all clicks!*
That’s why it’s so important for your website to have a high search engine ranking. Even local stores benefit from a great online presence: One in three people search online for immediate, same-day offline purchases.*
In short: The easier you are to find online, the more potential customers you’ll reach!
Learn how SkylarStudios can help you in your website SEO goals, or click here to learn more now!
To ensure that your website is easily found online it is important that you submit your website to the major search engines and internet directories, including:
To do so, we recommend you go to each search engine and internet directories web page, locate the instructions and then complete a monthly refresh of your listing. If you would like us to complete this process for you please call us at 1-919-341-4246.
The popular WordPress plugin WP Super Cache has been found to have a critical vulnerability in versions 1.4.3 and lower. The vulnerability is a persistent cross-site scripting attack. Using this vulnerability, an attacker using a carefully crafted query could insert malicious scripts to the plugin’s cached file listing page. When executed, the injected scripts could be used to perform a lot of other things like adding a new administrator account to the site, injecting backdoors by using WordPress theme edition tools, etc.
All WordPress users who utilize the plugin should immediately update WP Super Cache to version 1.4.4.
Google prepares algorithm change that will push website owners to mobile.
What Google is telling us is that mobile-friendly and mobile-responsive websites will be rewarded with better positioning in Google’s mobile search engine results, and thus more traffic from a rapidly expanding user base. Conversely, websites that are not mobile friendly will see less mobile organic traffic, receive a smaller piece of the expanding mobile pie, and will be forced to rely on a shrinking desktop-based audience.
Contact SkylarStudios to see if your website is ready.